Request a Workshop
The Career Center is continuing to offer workshops through virtual platforms. Please complete a request form:
Supplemental Assignments for Interns
The impact of COVID-19 has left some students without the option to finish their required internship, co-op, or research hours. Consider using or adapting one of the professional development assignments below to supplement your students’ experience. The Career Center’s Internships & Employment Team would also be happy to assist: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recordings and materials from webinars we have recently presented can be found on our myUMBC Group, including:
- Get to Know the Career Center & UMBCworks
- Quick Clips: Advice from the Experts
- Explore Your Options
- Prepare Your Documents & Pitch
- Build Your Network, Brand, & Career Ready Skills
- Find a Job or Internship
- Master the Interview
- Explore Career Fair Tips & Best Practices
- Succeed on the Job/Internship
- Prep for Grad or Professional School
Linked below are four informative workshops we developed and recorded.
- Use the Big Interview interview prep and practice platform to record mock interview answers for review
- Take the FOCUS2 assessment and complete this worksheet
- Prepare to market Career Ready Skills
- Learn to identify your Dependable Strengths
- Take the 16 Personalities assessment and complete worksheet
The following are some fun and informative videos produced by JobBound, a leading provider of career services for professionals, executives, and students. Since these are licensed videos, you will be required to log in with your myUMBC credentials.