Retrievers Connect is a professional networking platform, just for UMBC students and alumni. The Career Center, in partnership with the Office of Alumni Engagement, are launching this new platform as a way to connect alumni volunteers with students and other alumni to foster the career success of the UMBC community.
You will have the chance to learn from those who have been in your shoes, discover industries and trends, and possibly get feedback on your resume and interviewing skills. These connections could provide you with an inside look into internship and career opportunities as well. It is quick and easy to register using your UMBC ID or your LinkedIn profile.
When you join you will be able to:
- Access a broad network and support system of alumni
- Connect directly with alumni through email and video chat by region, organization, or industry
- Learn about career options in your field and gain knowledge of the work environment
- Ask alumni about their graduate or professional school experiences
- Obtain career resources and participate in discussions
- Join industry communities (coming soon!)
- Apply to short-term projects (coming soon!)