UMBC Alumni-Student Networking Group on LinkedIn
The UMBC Alumni-Student Networking group on LinkedIn aims to connect its network of active alumni volunteers to current UMBC students in support of career exploration, academic development, and cultivating meaningful connections with UMBC alumni.
By joining the LinkedIn Network, students can receive feedback from alumni in the following areas:
- Preparing for an upcoming interview or job fair.
- Writing a resume to better fit a specific field or industry.
- Researching career options for specific degrees.
- Exploring degree options for your unique skill sets.
- Transitioning as an international student.
- Building your professional network and the rules to networking.
- Considering post-graduation volunteer work.
- Preparing for informational interviews.
- Preparing for a company visit.
- Professional etiquette.
- Writing a LinkedIn profile that gets attention.
- Making connections using LinkedIn.
Before getting started, learn more about alumni-student networking by reviewing the Career Center’s Student Guidelines.
Interested in connecting with UMBC alumni?
New to LinkedIn? Check out the Career Center’s resources on the ins and outs of using LinkedIn.
Build Your Network