The University of Chicago will select up to FOUR current UMBC undergraduates for an opportunity to apply for a deep immersive experience in research activities in economics. The program is designed for undergraduate students with strong quantitative and analytical backgrounds of all majors. Substantial coursework in not required.
Program Elements include:
- Students will attend workshops given by Booth faculty as part of the "Economics Undergraduate Research Experience." Information about this program can be found below: https://bfi.uchicago.edu/feature-story/research-for-undergraduates
- Depending on interest and background students will be matched with research professionals, graduate students or professors to work on a specific research project in economics. This activity will start in June of 2019 and extend until the end of August 2019. Past research activities included work in Microeconomic Theory, Operations Research, Decision-Making Under Uncertainty, International Trade and Finance and Labor Economics.
- Additional classroom instruction will be provided for those students without substantial formal exposure to economics.
- Housing will be provided in undergraduate dormitories at the University of Chicago.
- Travel expenses will also be covered.
- Successful applicants will be offered a stipend of $10,000.
Qualifications to Apply:
We seek applicants with an interest in research and willing to work hard for the summer in a stimulating environment!
3.2 cumulative GPA or above.
Open to all analytical backgrounds including economic, finance, engineering, mathematics, physics, etc.
A strong quantitative background is a plus but is not required.
- Current Resume or Curriculum vitae
- Personal Statement: Two page discussion of the candidate's objective for the summer and future research goals. Include why you are interested in the program.
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters should be addressed to "Selection Committee"
- Unofficial Transcript
Please send these materials including recommendations via e-mail to:
Christine Routzahn, Director
UMBC Career Center
Deadline to Apply: Friday, December 7, 2018
For additional details, contact Christine Routzahn at 410-455-3671 or email@example.com