We just obtained an exciting Junior Trader position from one of our newest partners, Campbell & Company.
This is a GREAT opportunity for a May or recent graduate.
Full position details can be found below. If
you are interested, apply to position 9298970 in UMBCworks ASAP.
Junior Trader – North American Shift & Asian Shift Floater
Campbell & Company, a tenured pioneer in absolute return investment management, specializing in trend following and other quantitative strategies, is seeking a detail-oriented Junior Trader to work on the North American shift (Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:00pm) and also provide intermittent coverage for the Asian Trading Desk (Sun-Thu, 6:00pm-2:00am) as coverage needs dictate.
The Junior Trader is responsible for the accurate execution of trades created by Campbell’s proprietary models while striving to add-value through a variety of means. The Trading department serves the client through best execution practices while adhering to the firm’s policies, goals, legal and regulatory framework. The Junior Trader will be guided and overseen by team members as their market education grows through coaching and self-education.
Trading – Under the tutelage of the North American and Asian shift Traders (70%)
· Learn how the Trading desk operates and develop the skills necessary to become a Trader and an integral member of the department
· Generate and execute model orders utilizing prudent risk management
· Verify suitability of Trading orders with their corresponding strategy and market characteristic
· Assess positions and portfolio risk based on market conditions
· Monitor electronic trading algorithms to ensure proper execution of trades and trouble-shoot problems
· Determine optimal execution method and route trades appropriately to the market based on benchmark and current market conditions
· Ensure pre-market trading pre-requisites and processes are completed in preparation of model trading
· Back-up and support all traders on the desk
Market Expertise (20%)
· Develop market knowledge through continued learning via the Trading department outlets (conferences, bank research reports, Trading counterparties, and general desk experiences)
· Monitor general market conditions, economic/political news and stock specific events, and compile firm wide End-of-Shift Recap communication
· Maintain the weekly Counterparty Risk Report
Broker / Vendor Relationship (10%)
· Develop relationships with Campbell’s counterparties
· Assist in fielding market analysis calls
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics or equivalent professional experience and training
· Internship or other experiences that provided knowledge of the financial markets
· Strong attention to detail required
· Passion for markets demonstrated by current knowledge and education
· Strong foundation in Economics for market forecasting and analysis
· Familiar with basic probability/statistics
· Proficiency and high comfort level with MS Office (primarily Excel – including the use of macros) and the Windows operating environment
· Math, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
· Basic knowledge of Bloomberg
· College minor or knowledge of Computer Science
Special Working Conditions:
· The Junior Traders will work the North American shift (Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:00pm) and will provide intermittent coverage for the Asian Trading Desk (Sun-Thu, 6:00pm-2:00am) as coverage needs dictate
· Staff in Trading Department are considered essential personnel