STEM BUILD at UMBC is an undergraduate success initiative and research study at UMBC funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH). UMBC is investigating ways to enhance the success and persistence of students who have the goal of pursuing baccalaureate degrees in the sciences, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
The STEM BUILD at UMBC Initiative is looking for Peer Mentors to assist with the a six-week summer internship program on the UMBC campus (June 11-July 20, 2018) for non-UMBC students from local community colleges and four-year institutions.
- Setting up and maintaining laboratory spaces, equipment, and supplies
- Supporting students in the laboratory
- Providing constructive feedback to students on activities and assignments
- Supporting STEM BUILD co-curricular and extra-curricular summer programming
- 3.00+ cumulative UMBC GPA
- Undergraduate majoring in the STEM fields
- Genuine interest in helping new students get to know UMBC
- Availability from June 4-August 17, 2018
- Available a minimum of 20 hours per week
Compensation: $10/hour (20 hours min/ 40 hours max)Apply via UMBCworks Job ID: 9297332
Deadline: Friday, April 30, 2018
Questions?: Email: Lucie Blauvelt at firstname.lastname@example.org