"UMBC Suits You" is collecting new and gently used professional clothing as part of Career Month.
Students will have the opportunity to learn about dressing professionally and will then be able to select one free outfit to use in their job search. We are asking staff and faculty to donate new and gently used professional clothing at collection bins around campus from February 26th - March 8th.
Starting February 26th, Professional Clothing can be dropped off at the following on-campus locations:
- Career Center, Math/Psych 201: 8:30 am – 5 pm (Mon-Fri)
- The Mosaic Center, The Commons 2B23: 10 am- 7 pm (Mon- Thur), 10 am- 5 pm (Fri)
- Residential Life Office, Erickson Hall: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (Mon-Fri)
- The Shriver Center, Public Policy Building 1st Floor: 8:30 am – 5 pm (Mon-Fri)
- Human Resources, Administration Building 5th floor, 532: 9 am – 4 pm (Mon-Fri)
- Division of Professional Studies, Sherman Hall East-4th Floor (reception near elevators): 9 am- 3:30 pm (Mon-Fri)
Items that will be accepted: dresses, shell tops, button-up shirts and blouses, skirts, blazers, dress pants, garment bags, belts, ties, skirt suits and suits.
Items that will NOT be accepted: jewelry, handbags, shoes, and general accessories.
For more information on accepted items, check out the link here.
Clothing donations will be used to benefit UMBC students and will not be considered as gift-in-kind or donation to UMBC. Clothing donations are not eligible for a tax-deductible receipt. Any leftover clothing will be donated to local non-profits.
Special thanks to T. Rowe Price and Polovoy Custom Cleaners for partnering with us on this endeavor.
***Students be on the look out for more information about UMBC Suits You occurring on March 29 &30 when you will be able to pick up a FREE professional outfit.***