Do you have an interest in Entrepreneurship?
Are you ready to intern within a Start-up this Fall?
If yes, apply to the Shattuck Family Internship Program for Entrepreneurship Innovation and Social Change.
The Shattuck Family Internship Program for Entrepreneurship
Innovation and Social Change prepares UMBC students for the rigors and
rewards of entrepreneurship and social innovation. This program places
highly-motivated students from diverse backgrounds in mentored
internships to better prepare them to launch for-profit ventures.
Internships last one semester (15 weeks) and students will work, on average, 8 to 10 hours per week. Students receive a stipend of $1,500 toward their compensation. In addition to the internship, students engage in projects and activities that further expose them to the entrepreneurial mindset.
- Earn a competitive stipend of $1,500
- Gain valuable experience in your career field by interning 120 hours over the course of the semester (8-10 hours per week)
- Be exposed to the knowledge, skills, and mindset required to successfully launch and manage a growing business
- Develop a network of contacts in the entrepreneurial community for future references and opportunities
- Apply classroom knowledge in a realistic work environment and apply lessons learned in the workplace to academic coursework
Interested students are asked to submit a Resume and a Cover Letter answering the following questions:
Discuss your interest in both entrepreneurship and this intern program. What has been your entrepreneurial involvement thus far such as coursework, seminars, etc. (if applicable)? What type of start-up would you like to intern for and why?
Credentials can be submitted via UMBCworks position 9328811 (ideal application method) or e-mailed to:
UMBC Career Center, UMBC
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Wednesday, August 4th