PLEASE NOTE: Start date is estimated as June 1, 2021 dependent on university return to work guidelines.
The Student IT Support Specialist is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of the Windows and Macintosh based computing infrastructure both on and off campus. This includes all aspects of customer support including but not limited to:
- Format, install, and patch operating system software.
- Install third party software.
- Maintaining technical documentation for both internal and external use.
- Provide direct support to faculty, staff, and students.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and printer problems in the Windows Active Directory and Macintosh environment.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity problems and take appropriate action to resolve the problem.
- Image labs across both PC and Mac platforms
- Implement and keep good data security regimes.
- Providing direct user support via DoIT’s ticket tracking system.
- Support all mobile technologies for faculty, staff and students.
It is expected that the student can work in a team environment with assistance and guidance from full time staff. Also, it is expected that the student can work in a self-directed manner once assigned tasks; work with others as necessary to complete those tasks under minimal direct supervision. The incumbent is expected to resolve customer support tickets in a timely manner with appropriate communication and follow through which frequently involves independent judgment.