The Career Center uses UMBCworks, our online job system, to:
- Advertise part- and full-time job, and internship opportunities to UMBC students
- Provide employers with access to a searchable student resumes database
- Manage on-campus interviews
- Centrally advertise upcoming career events (job fairs, employer information sessions, workshops, etc).
Students: Use UMBCworks because:
- It’s free
- They can view career opportunities of employers who are (1) hiring and (2) interested specifically in UMBC students (thousands of jobs are posted each year!)
- They can use it to schedule appointments with career advisors
- It’s easy to access and centralizes their campus-based career search
Faculty/Staff: Use UMBCworks to:
- Post on-campus office, departmental, and lab positions. Faculty and staff can also use UMBCworks to hire students on a part-time basis to help with work-life responsibilities such as babysitting, tutoring, pet care, house sitting, etc.
Students: Graduate and undergraduate students log into UMBCworks via their myUMBC accounts by clicking on “Topics” > “Jobs & Internships” and then clicking “UMBCworks”. There’s no separate password required. They can also login via the UMBCworks logo at careers.umbc.edu. If students have difficulty logging in, they can contact the Career Center (x52216, email@example.com) for assistance. Once logged in, they agree to our Policies of Professional Conduct, update their profile, upload a resume (which will be reviewed by Career Center staff), apply for jobs and on-campus interview positions, and view/RSVP for upcoming career events.
Faculty/Staff: Faculty and staff can access UMBCworks and register as an employer. Click on “Register and Post Job to UMBC (free)” to request a UMBCworks employer account and post your positions. Future positions can be posted by logging in directly with the username and password you set up.
If you are interested in hiring UMBC students on a part-time basis to help with work-life responsibilities, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The Career Center will set up a “Miscellaneous Household Opportunities” account for you. The system will only provide the town/state where you live (no street address) so students can determine if they are able to travel to the location. Students are able to see the job description you provide, but they will not have access to your contact information unless you choose. UMBCworks will accumulate the resumes online and also have them sent to the provided e-mail address. UMBCworks is a great resource to connect with students looking for opportunities.
Faculty & Staff page