Are you interested in participating in an international competition surrounding new innovation in synthetic biology and genetic engineering?
International Genetically Engineered Machine (iGEM) is an international competition for students interested in:
• Synthetic biology
• Interdisciplinary collaboration (Yes English and Computer Science majors are welcome!!)
iGEM runs three main programs:
• iGEM Competition - an international competition for students interested in the field of synthetic biology
• Labs Program - a program for academic labs to use the same resources as the competition teams
• Registry of Standard Biological Parts - a growing collection of genetic parts use for building biological devices and systems.
The iGEM team at UMBC has participated in the competition before and traveled to Boston and won the Bronze prize!
For more information:
• Check out this video: https://vimeo.com/119981367
• Website: http://igem.org/About
• Prior UMBC team: http://2015.igem.org/Team:UMBC-Maryland
If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Fill out the application by: March 14th!