With advance notice, UMBC Career Center professionals and/or trained career peers would love the opportunity to talk about careers, resume and interview skills, or about the resources and services we offer to UMBC students. We are also happy to help you build a visit from Career Center staff into your curriculum or to speak to student groups you may advise.
With advance notice, workshop and seminar options can be customized to your needs and may include:
- Career Center Orientation
- Job and Internship Search Strategies
- Acing the Interview
- Resumes Recruiters Recognize
- Writing Effective CVs
- Selecting and Applying to Graduate School (as well as Statement of Purpose and Grad School Interviews)
- Making the Most of a Job Fair
- Employment Correspondence – Cover Letters, Post-Interview Thank You Letters, etc.
- Salary Negotiations
- Career Decision-making
- What Can I Do with My Major?
- Effective Networking
- Succeeding on the Job
- LinkedIn and personal branding
- Other Specialized Topics